i-Motors is a consortium of commercial and academic organisations working towards viable, commercially sustainable Smart Mobility applications for connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV) by 2018, based right here in the UK.
i-Motors will offer a wide range of benefits across a raft of industries, including:
- Reducing fuel consumption, carbon emissions and travel time through smart, automated route and driver management.
- Monitoring traffic in real-time, easily and safely divert drivers around any obstructions on their route without causing gridlock, increasing potential traffic capacity.
- Identifying issues like accident blackspots, road and other infrastructure damage via automated reports from vehicles travelling through on the road network.
- Reducing traffic accidents and injuries with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
- Providing accurate and reliable journey planning information, using dynamic maps updated close to real-time.
- Monitoring the health of your vehicle and highlighting patterns and trends that can indicate problems before your vehicle breaks down.
i-Motors is jointly funded by government and industry. The government’s £100m Intelligent Mobility fund is administered by the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) and delivered by the UK’s innovation agency, Innovate UK.